Tuesday 13 January 2015

Prayers for Forgiveness

A Prayer for Forgiveness

I have sinned, Lord, and while I know that all have sinned and come short I am having a hard time letting go of my shame and accepting your forgiveness.
I know that I am unworthy of your love, but Your Word promises forgiveness as long as we confess our sins to You and repent. I am so sorry for falling short of what You expect of me, and I pray for your mercy and the strength not to make the same mistakes again.
Amen
There are many circumstances when we need to ask to be forgiven. One of the more common circumstances that we see in prayer requests, is asking for forgiveness after an infidelity.
We must learn to forgive even after the most hurtful of actions.

Forgiveness After an Affair

Being betrayed by a spouse is a very painful thing, but we know, Lord, that it is Your will that we learn to forgive. What others do should never impact our walk with you, God.
We need to be able to learn to forgive even the most painful breach of trust. Help us to forgive our spouse the same way that we want You to forgive us, and give us peace and healing for our broken hearts.
Amen

Forgiveness in The Scriptures

The word of God offers us guidance on how to forgive our neighbors, and ourselves.
"Then Peter came up and said to him, “Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?” Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven.""[Matthew 18:21-22]

No comments:

Post a Comment