Tuesday 13 January 2015

Prayers To Help You In Times of Need-Praying For Guidance

When tough times call, most people, even non Christians, often find themselves uttering a small prayer of guidance. For Christians, they understand and know that Christ has their best interest. Of course, it doesn’t make it any easier to accept uncertainty.
As a Christian one of the foremost things you do as you enter into Christianity is that you are required to fully surrender everything to the Holy Spirit’s guidance.
He will take whatever’s bad in your life and transform them inside out; turning you into the best possible person you can be under Christ.
This may seem easy but it takes a long time to finally reach the point where we can fully surrender our needs, wants and other so-called necessities and simply trust that Christ through the Holy Spirit will provide for everything.
On the other hand, entering through this relationship doesn’t mean it’ll be peaches and cake since as humans; we are predisposed to doubt and fear.
So if you find yourself in a situation where you feel like you’re going through a dark tunnel with no end in sight, here are a few important Bible Verses to remember as you utter prayer for guidance.
  •  “O Lord, I know the way of a man is not in himself; it is not in man who walks to direct his own steps.” (Jeremiah 10:23)
  •  “The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord …” (Psalm 37:23)
  •  “A man’s steps are of the Lord. How then can a man understand his own way?” (Proverbs 20:24)
  •  “There is a way which seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death.” (Proverbs 14:12)
  •  “The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake.” (Psalm 23:1)
  • My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.” (John 10:27)
  •  “Direct my steps by Your word, and let no iniquity have dominion over me.” (Psalm 119:133)
  •  “Show me Your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation …” (Psalm 25:4)
  • Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: “I am the Lord your God, who teaches you to profit, who leads you by the way you should go.” (Isaiah 48:17)
  • For this is God, our God forever and ever; He will be our guide even to death.” (Psalm 48:14)
  •  “The Lord will guide you continually …” (Isaiah 58:11)
  • “I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye.” (Psalm 32:8)
  • Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.” (Proverbs 3:5)
  • The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord …” (Psalm 37:23)
  • Therefore be followers of God as dear children.” (Ephesians 5:1)
  • “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.” (John 10:27)
When praying, keep these verses in mind. Quote them back to the Lord and claim them as part of your life. You are a child of God, and he does have beautiful plans for you and your life.
Even though uncertainty and other problems might beset you right now, rest assured that the Lord is always there to help and guide you. All you have to do is ask for his help.
Please let us know if there are any other prayers for guidance that are not listed here that you have prayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment